31 Jul 2011

BAKER'S DELIGHT, GATE PA, TAURANGA

Baker's Delight could most well be Australia's most well known bakery and with 700 stores between there and here in New Zealand, they're hard to miss.


Unknown.

A lot of bakerys for some stupid, stupid reason, close on Sunday's. In my opinion the most obvious day for customers to need a bakery - lunch at the grandparent's, bribery of an older brother, self indulgence for brekky.....- is Sunday.
I speak 50% out of greed on this, but it was Baker's Delight gain, when I strolled inside for my first looksie, to buy enough goodies to feed a tribe.

First things first, I'm not entirely sure how the two front counter gals do it - the place was busier than a liquidation sale at a boutique! Service did not miss a beat even considering that left, right and centre, there were sticky fingered hands lunging towards the glass cabinets to demonstrate to the cashier's how many calories they want to pile on - bliss!

Grabbing 4x mini pizza's, 4x large choc croissants, a few twinpack pizza bases, all quite cheaply I might add, I then received the bonus of a free loaf of bread thanks to a nifty loyalty card - with the free option of having it sliced.
Props to Baker's Delight for making me feel exhilarated and slightly lazy at the same time.


Photo by [The Food Spy].

Sitting in the sunshine and biting into my chocolate croissant on the deck, I remember to myself why I love food. The chocolate was creamy with a slight crunch and beautiful chocolate layers exploding in my mouth. Note to self: Must compare this with several of the local French Cafe's.

Everything else we got tasted equally delish. A great pick-up lunch in less than 5 minutes. Too hectic to stay for the atmosphere, with only a seat or two - but as far as quick 'bakery fast food' goes - not bad, not too bad at all.

Hours

  • Mon-Fri: 6am-5:30pm
  • Sat/Sun: 6am-5pm



After doing a bit of a nosey on their website I found they have a virtual bakery. You can literally sit in your jim-jam's and pick breakfast before you pop down to your nearest outlet. Though I do have to say, their icon of the CheesyMite Scroll makes my stomach churn a cycle or three. It even has its own Wikipedia page.
That's some intense dedication, but I'll pass.
For enternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment